However, many wine drinkers are concerned about whether it will even be a good harvest this year. Weather seemed to bounce all over the place between extreme high temperatures and then very cool days resulting in mixed reviews from wine growers, vintners, and reviewers alike. Read buzz from all over California Wine Country:
- SF Gate: "Vintage 2008, lower yields put sqeeze on wine grape growers"
- NapaValley Register: "Cooler weather slows harvest"
- Los Angeles Times: "California winemakers brace for smaller supply of grapes."
- AppellationAmerica.com: "Napa Harvest 2008: Working with Nature's Adversity"
- The Ukiah Daily Journal: "Wine grape harvest gets under way"
- St. Helena Star: "Grape sugar levels rise in sustained heat wave"
- MercuryNews.com: "Great wine but fewer grapes predicted for Livermore"
- Avenue Vine: "Bitterness caused over California Grape Harvest"