Then, let your wine tasting experience begin! Get in your car and within a few minutes of driving along Highway 29 you'll start to see the beautiful vineyards of Napa Valley. A hop skip and a jump away is the Carneros Appellation, located at the crossroads of two major wine regions, Napa and Sonoma Valley. This wine appellation is is home to Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Sparkling wine and where you will spend the day wine tasting in this itinerary!
Acacia Vineyard, 2750 Las Amigas Road, Napa, CA 94558, (707) 226-9991
- $15 Per Couple - Tasting Flight - 2 for 1 with WineCountry.com Mobile App
- 10 AM - Allow One Hour
- See the entire San Francisco Bay Area from Acacia. They celebrate "Locavore Lifestyle" which is the support of family-owned and small businesses producing fresh artisanal products, like themselves. They make several single vineyard Pinot Noirs. Single Vineyard means that every grape in the bottle came from one small plot of land, thus, you can point to exactly where the grapes grew.
- Reservations: Required
- Directions to Next Stop: (Allow 18 minutes for travel) R on Las Amigas Rd. for .3 mi., R on Duhig Rd. for 2.2 mi., L on CA 12/121 for 5.8 mi., stay left to remain on CA 121 for 1.1 mi., L on Arnold Drive (at 4 way flashing light) for .6 mi., Turn R on Wagner Rd, (sign for Gloria Ferrer on your R)
Gloria Ferrer Caves & Vineyards, 23555 Arnold Drive, Sonoma, CA 95476, (707) 996-7256
- $20 Per Couple - A Glass of Sparkling on the Patio
- 11:15 AM - Allow One Hour
- Reservation: Not Required
- One of the most impressive views in Carneros. Take advantage of the patio to soak of up some rays of sunshine and fabulous bubbles. Take a moment in their Spanish hacienda to shop. Always something fun in stock! Gloria and Jose Ferrer came to Carneros to plant vineyards when it was mostly prime cattle and sheep grazing areas in 1980.
- Directions to Next Stop: (Allow 8 minutes for travel) L on Arnold Rd for .6 mi., Turn R on CA 121/Freemont Dr. for 2.7 mi., Fremont Diner is on your L