Matanzas Creek Winery, 6097 Bennett Valley Rd, Santa Rosa, CA 95404, (707) 528-6464
- Tasting Fee: $40 Per Couple, Exclusive Tour and Wine Tasting
- Time: 10 AM - Allow 1.5 Hours
- Reservations: Required, Pre-Payment Required
- Experience: They have two forms of aromatherapy at Matanzas Creek - the lavender and the wine! The vineyards of Matanzas Creek live in harmony with native grasses, delicate olive trees, exotic perennials and their famed lavender fields. Red wine lovers must try the Matanzas Creek Merlot. This wine is consistently a palate pleaser with just the right amount of fruit and a long finish.
- Directions to Next Stop: ( Allow 20 minutes for travel and parking) W on Bennett Valley Rd towards Steele Rd for 2.7 mi., L to stay on Bennett Valley Rd for 1.8 mi., R on Farmers Lane for .3 mi., L on SR12 W ramp to Eureka. Merge onto CA 12 W for 1.1 mi., enter US 101 N towards Eureka for 5.1 mi., Exit River Road toward Guerneville and L on Mark West Springs Rd, continue to River Rd, R on Fulton Rd. KJWC on L.
Kendall Jackson Wine Center, 5007 Fulton Rd, Fulton, CA 95439, (707) 571-8100
- Tasting Fee: $50 Per Couple, Reserve Wine and Food Pairing ($10 off wine and food Pairing with WineCountry.com mobile App
- Time: 10AM - Allow 1.5 Hours
- Experience: Uses more than 18 different programs for sustainability including: Certified Winegrowers, green cleaning agents, using the least amount of water and energy, sustainable gardening and food programs. Experience their food pairing options, as the food is grown in their own gardens and is also sustainable! Sound delicious? The wines are also delicious because such care is taken to grow and make them alongside Mother Nature. Savor the Grand Reserve Pinot Noir. Amazing!
- Reservations: Required for the food pairing
- Directions to Next Stop: (Allow 35 minutes for travel and parking) N on Fulton Rd for .4 mi., 1st L on Airport Blvd. for .2 mi., merge onto US 101 N for 8.2 mi., exit toward Central Healdsburg, slight L on Healdsburg Ave, destination on R in .4 mi.
- Tasting Fee: $60 Per Couple, Wine & Cheese Exploration
- Time: 1:30 PM - Allow One Hour
- Reservations: Required
- Experience:This slick and hip tasting room is also very "green". Get ideas for being green while tasting some incredible Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs with rustic local cheeses. During the tasting you will learn about the history of cheese as well as some of the many green practices used at La Crema.
- Directions to Next Stop: Make reservations at Partake by K-J for dinner and do a little shopping in downtown Healdsburg on your way there.
- Make Reservations for: Partake by K-J, (707) 433-6000, 241 Healdsburg Ave, Healdsburg,
- Value: Sonoma Orchid Inn, (707) 869-4466, Guerneville, CA
- Boutique: H2Hotel, (707) 996-5131, Healdsburg, CA
- Hotel/Resort: Hilton Sonoma Wine Country, (707) 523-7555, Santa Rosa, CA
Use a Designated Driver, always! We encourage responsible drinking! It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle at or above .08 BAC in the state of CA. WineCountry.com's free itineraries are sponsored by our Partners. We do our best to keep all information current. If you find a problem with an itinerary, please email email@example.com. Thank you. Last reviewed 4/24/14. Copyright WineCountry.com