- April 3, 2014 - Chimney Rock Winery Artist Reception
Visit the winery on Thursday, April 3 for a special reception from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. Meet the artist and enjoy a complimentary wine tasting paired with light appetizers while Clifford creates his next work of art! Not able to make it to this event? No worries! Visit Chimney Rock any time during the year.
- April 3, 2014 - Napa Valley Collects Preview Party
- Napa Valley Collects, honoring the region's private art collectors, is a three-month exhibition presented at the Napa Valley Museum, in partnership with Arts Council Napa Valley and Visit Napa Valley. Please join the collectors at the preview party on Thursday, April 3 from 6-9pm to enjoy live music, fine Napa Valley wines, and hors d'oeuvres by Auberge du Soleil.
- April 6, 2014 - St. Supery with Artist Suong Yangchareon
- Join artist, Suong Yangchareon, for artist-led tours of his artwork on display at St. Supéry. Yangchareon is a master of painting the urban landscapes of California with a special focus on the city of L.A. and vanishing movie theaters. Explore his works in intimate group tours followed by small bites and wine with the artist.
- April 6, 2014 - Napa's Riverfront Chalk Festival
- Napa's Riverfront Chalk Festival 2014 kicks off Napa's week-long festivities celebrating Arts in April. Bring the children to join in the fun at the Children's Chalk Walk area. Vote for your favorite chalk art and see who wins at the 2:30pm Awards ceremony.
- April 10, 2014 - Artist Reception at Bardessono
- In conjunction with Andrea Schwartz Gallery, Bardesssono and Lucy Restaurant and Bar invite you to join our artist reception and meet the local artists who show regularly at the property: John Belingheri, Barbara Kronlins, Tom Bolles, Tim Yankosky, Donald Bradford and John Bonick. Wine tastings will be served by Ma(i)sonry Napa Valley, and light fare will be provided by Lucy.
- April 7-11, 2014 - Robert Mondavi Winery Art Collection Tour
- guests are invited to enjoy a complimentary tour of the winery's permanent Beniamino Bufano collection once daily at 11:00 am. In addition, the paintings of artists Margrit Mondavi, Thomas Bartlett and Jim Evans will be on display in the winery's Vineyard Room. A wine tasting will be included in the tour.
- April 12, 2014 - Napa Slow Art Day at Di Rosa Art Preserve
- Slow Art Day is a worldwide celebration of art that encourages people to look at art slowly -- and thereby experience art in a new way. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own picnic and enjoy the scenic views from our Olive Grove at di Rosa.
- April 14-20, 2014 - Peju Province Winery Featuring Christopher Hill Gallery
- Enjoy our art exhibit Monday, April 14th through the Sunday, April 20th between the hours of 1pm and 4pm daily where we'll be featuring contemporary art from The Christopher Hill Gallery in St. Helena. Enjoy a complimentary wine tasting while you browse our upstairs gallery featuring the artwork of well known artists Mario Garcia Miro, TS Harris, Marsha Taylor and Benjamin Anderson.
- April 17, 2014 - A New Perspective on Napa Valley
- Join winery members of the Napa Valley Vintners and art photographer Sam Aslanian for an evening of wine tasting, light bites and a private viewing of some of the art prints from "Perspective Napa Valley." Within the pages of this unique coffee table book are captured scenes of life in Napa Valley in both photographs and chapter essays: from culture, history and civic life to the bucolic towns and vintner community, as well as the geology, climate and geography that make this place so perfect for the growing of fine wine grapes.
- April 19, 2014 - Beaulieu Vineyards: Art, Wine, Soiree & Silent Auction
- Join Beaulieu Vineyards for a unique fusion of art and wine! Featuring local artist Penelope Moore, live music and afternoon hor d'oeuvres. Each of Penelope's paintings will be paired with a sinfully selected bottle of BV wine. During the event, guests will have the opportunity to bid on each pairing.
- April 20, 2014 - Yountville Art, Sip & Stroll
- This event features Public Art Walk artists Boback Emad, Gordon Huether, Lorenzo Mills and Clayton Thiel. They will be joined at their sculptures by Yountville Appellation wineries pouring tastes of their wines, paired with a tasty sweet or savory bite from our local restaurants.
- April 25, 2014 - Castello di Amorosa: Meet Artist Fabio Sanzogni
- Visit Castello di Amorosa and meet Italian-born artist Fabio Sanzogni. View his revered masterpiece- the Italian-style frescoes of the Castello's, Great Hall. Sanzogni will demonstrate his centuries-old technique.
ARTS CELEBRATED ALL MONTH LONG
- Bennett Lane Winery
- During Arts in April, the work of Travis Elder will be featured with Celestial Roots: Revealing the Sacred. Arts in April guests will receive 10% off their wine purchases. Learn more about Bennett Lane Winery here.
- Bourassa Vineyards - Wine, Cheese & Art
- Stop by our tasting room throughout the month of April and enjoy a wine and cheese pairing with an art exhibition by Napa Valley artists Christine George and Marissa Carlisle displayed in the wine barrel room, which is a perfect pairing, come fill your senses in a romantic setting.
- Domaine Chandon
- All month long, visit Domaine Chandon and enjoy California Moments, the painted images of C M Cunningham, which are displayed in the Visitor Center, étoile Restaurant and the Tasting Room. In addition, Familiar Forms Figures Faces by Wine Country Clay continues to evolve, showcasing the amazing ceramic work of Rhue Bruggeman and Erin Dowling-Michael.
- Jamieson Ranch Vineyards - Art at the Edge of Sight
month long, Jamieson Ranch will feature the artwork of Grammy
Award-winning musician, Mickey Hart of the band Grateful Dead during
Arts in April. He has applied his considerable creative energies towards
a one-of-a-kind collection of art that expresses his interpretation of
rhythm and the cosmos. View his installation and upgrade to a reserve
tasting when you mention Arts in April. Learn more about Jamieson Ranch here.
- Holman Cellars - The Industrial Side of Wine Country
- Seattle artist Ben Nelson brings his new show "Crushed" to Napa. The show explores the industrial side of wine country. He continues in the representational style typical of the modern American realists who inspire him. Learn more about Holman Cellars here.
- Markham Vineyards - On Assignment, Woodstock
- Join Markham Vineyards (March 1 - August 31, 2014) in celebrating the 45th anniversary of the legendary Woodstock music festival with the photo retrospective On Assignment: Woodstock, featuring photos from Rolling Stone Magazine's First Chief Photographer, Baron Wolman. The exhibit features 50 pieces from the 100-piece collection.Learn more about Markham Vineyards here.
- Mumm Napa - Golden Decade Photography Exhibit
- The Golden Decade exhibits work by over 20 artists who emerged from the first ten years of the CSFA program, including the influential photographers Pirkle Jones, Ruth Mandel, Ira Latour, John Upton, David Johnson, and Philip Hyde. The school was renamed the San Francisco Art Institute in 1961 and continues to train and develop extraordinary artists. Learn more about Mumm Napa Winery here.
- Silverado Vineyards - Complimentary Art Tour (Every Thursday)
- Join Silverado Vineyards every Thursday in April at 2:00pm for special tours led by a winery art docent. View their collection of original Belle Époche Posters, (1880-1920), including four original posters by Leonetto Cappiello, Silverado Vineyards also boasts some of the most spectacular plein air paintings found anywhere. Artists and pieces include Thomas Hill - "Lands End" (1886), William Keith - "Headwaters of the Owens River" (1878), and Leonetto Cappiello -"Glimpses of Nymphs" (1920), among many others.
- Wine & the Arts at Sterling Vineyards
- Sterling Vineyards will play host to wonderful wine-themed paintings from celebrated artists Vaso Peritos, Jim Lively, the "Before I Die" project, and more. Art lovers and wine enthusiasts alike will find these pieces positively captivating. Learn more about Sterling Vineyards here or read about their art collection and special exhibits.