- WED, 13 Nov | 5:30pm | Gliderport | Calistoga
- FRI, 15 Nov | 1:00pm | Cadillac Theater | Napa
- SAT, 16 Nov | 10:00am | Farmstead | St. Helena
- SUN, 17 Nov | 8:30pm | YCC Theater | Yountville
Film Description: For centuries, the French region of Bordeaux has commanded a mythical status inthe world of wine. It stands as a symbol of wealth, power, and influence. However, its prosperity has always been linked to the capricious nature of markets and the shifting fortunes of global economies. China's new super wealthy have pushed prices to stratospheric levels. Despite unprecedented demand for a finite product, Bordeaux's new clients want it all. Will the Chinese market be the bubble that never bursts or the biggest threat yet to Bordeaux's reputation? Beautifully filmed, narrated by Russell Crowe, and featuring numerous luminaries from the wine world, this film by co-directors David Roach and Warwick Ross is a love letter to French wine and those who cannot live without it.
- TUE, 12 Nov | 6:00 pm YCC THEATER | Yountville
- THUR, 14 Nov | 8:30 pm GLIDERPORT | Calistoga
- SAT, 16 Nov | 5:30 pm OPERA HOUSE | Napa
- THUR, 14 Nov | 5:30 pm FARMSTEAD | St. Helena
- FRI, 15 Nov | 5:30 pm JARVIS | Napa
- SAT, 16 Nov | 8:30 pm BARREL ROOM | Yountville
- SUN, 17 Nov | 8:30 pm GLIDERPORT | Calistoga
The title alone is enough to inspire barrels of laughs...
Film Description: For some people, life is an adventure filled with opportunities to excel and worlds to explore. But for Walter Himmelstein, a young man endearingly known as Putzel, life doesn't extend beyond his family's fish store and his tight-knit community on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Walter's dream of taking over his uncle's smoked fish emporium is disrupted by the arrival of Sally, a force of nature who becomes romantically involved with his about-to-retire and very-married boss and uncle. As Walter tries to thwart their romance in order to ensure his future, he finds his circumscribed life thrown off kilter. After years of being undermined by his family and friends, he finally begins to realize his full potential. With Sally's help, Walter confronts his fears and proves he is more than just a Putzel.
- WED, 13 Nov | 5:30 pm JARVIS | Napa
- FRI, 15 Nov | 10:00 am GLIDERPORT | Calistoga
- SAT, 16 Nov | 1:00 pm BARREL ROOM | Yountville
- SUN, 17 Nov | 10:00 am FARMSTEAD | St. Helena
The Napa Valley Film Festival (NVFF) is the ultimate celebration of film, food and wine. Discover 100 new independent films screening in 12 eclectic venues throughout four walkable villages (Napa, Yountville, St. Helena, Calistoga). Enjoy a handful of sneak previews of Oscar-worthy end-of-year studio releases, film industry & culinary panel discussions, wine tasting pavilions, the spectacular Festival Gala, celebrity tributes, awards ceremony, and an array of parties, VIP receptions and winemaker dinners. Come experience a film festival unlike any other during Napa Valley's most colorful time of the year! CLICK HERE to buy film passes.