Sonoma County's gourmand mecca offers epicurean travelers great off-season rates
and can't-miss events, experiences, and eats
"Winter is a great time to visit," says Mo McElroy, CEO of the Healdsburg Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau. "Healdsburg is warm, cozy and delicious - the trifecta of fun during winter months. The Epicurean Winter program gives us a easy way to entice people to experience what sets Healdsburg apart - it's a fantastic culinary mecca that remains true to its agricultural roots."
Epicurean Winter runs now through March 31, and includes gourmet events, family activities, budget-friendly options, outdoor recreation, and romantic escapes for Valentine's celebrations.
- Feb 2: Healdsburg Jazz Festival, "Jazz on the Menu" - Live jazz accompanies farm-to-table cuisine at 15 wine country restaurants; menus available here.
- Feb 9-10: Royal Flush Feast - Three-course progressive "dine around" nights, with the added fun of putting together a poker-hand at each stop; final hand played at Dry Creek Kitchen for dessert and prizes.
- Feb 10-12: Headlsburg Wild Steelhead Festival - Famous fest includes fly fishing, cooking demos, wine tasting and fish dishes all weekend long; entrance is complimentary
- Feb 16-20: Wild Mushroom Weekend - Four-day weekend features foraging events, cooking classes, mushroom & wine-pairing dinners, and other mycology-related events.
Valentine's Day "Stay & Play" Packages
- Wine Country Uncorked at the Healdsburg Inn on the Plaza - package includes signature breakfast, wine & hors d'oeuvers rates start at $165; King room w/ jetted spa tub at $195; available throughout February.
- Epicurean Winter Romance Package at Dry Creek Inn Best Western - package includes a luxury Tuscan room with jacuzzi tub and fireplace; special in-room massage rates and restaurant discount; rates start at $89/person; valid select dates in February.
- The Ultimate Getting Over the Break-Up Package at the Camellia Inn -- Guaranteed to put you on the road to break-up recovery. Includes: two nights in a Queen Room, full breakfast, evening wine and cheese tasting, a self-improvement break-up recovery book, a pint of Healdsburg's Downtown Bakery Ice Cream and a voodoo doll with pins to write his/her name on. Also included in the package your choice of: one-hour exercise class each day or one-hour massage and a special self-guided wine tasting tour. $550.00 for two nights- more than $100 savings.
About Healdsburg, California
Located just 70 miles north of San Francisco, in the heart of Sonoma County wine country, Healdsburg offers a luxurious blend of fine dining; arts and culture; boutique shopping; and a charming array of hotels, B&Bs, Inns, and vacation rentals - all within a short drive to hundreds of world-class wineries situated in the scenic Alexander, Dry Creek, and Russian River Valleys. Healdsburg is oriented around its central Plaza, which serves as the town's "heart" and provides easy walking-access to most businesses. Direct flights into Sonoma County Airport (just 15 minutes from Healdsburg) make visiting simple from Los Angeles, Seattle, and Las Vegas; San Francisco and Oakland Airports provide access from other cities. For more information, visit www.healdsburg.com.