Wine Pairing: Kendall-Jackson Vintner's Reserve Riesling
Kendall-Jackson recommends a few ways to spice up your corn on the cob this summer. Forget just grilling or boiling, why not:
- Try cutting it off the cob, puree in the blender and then add to polenta for an intense corn flavor
- Mix kernels into vanilla ice cream for an interesting twist
- Grill, but add a few lemon verbena leaves inside the husk
- Save the cobs (after the kernels have been cut off) and simmer in water for 20 minutes for an awesome corn stock - use as a base for soups or even risotto
- Add to pancake or muffin batters
Try their recipe for Corn & Blueberry Pancakes - a great summer pairing with a glass of Riesling and perfect for a relaxing, late Sunday morning brunch! The slight corn flavor in the pancakes compliments the crisp and nearly dry Vintner's Reserve Riesling.