WITH CAULIFLOWER PUREE, SMOKED SEA TROUT CAVIAR, CHIVE OIL
By Jim White, Casa Vieja
Exuberant chef and local radio/TV celebrity Jim White presides over Casa
Vieja in charming Corrales, New Mexico. Chef White creates what he calls
"progressive regional" cuisine, inspired by generations of New Mexico cooks
and personal family recipes. Casa Vieja is a 300-year old example of
Spanish Colonial architecture and a dramatic backdrop for White's
ever-changing regional dishes. Built near the time of the founding of
Albuquerque, the old house allegedly hosts a ghost or two.
- 1 c. Italian rice (look for Arborio, Carnaroli, or Vialone Nano) rice
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 4 T. mild extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. Pinot Grigio or other dry white wine
- 4 c. light vegetable or chicken stock - hot
- 1 lb. fresh chanterelle mushrooms
- 1large bunch leeks, julienned and cooked in butter until just soft
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 4 T. butter, unsalted, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Reggio Parmigiano cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Salt, Pepper and Dijon! Add zip and zest to spring with this Lamb delight. Chioggia beets and turnips turn into a heavenly wonder when paired with thyme and honey. Enjoy Chef Todd Muir's specialties when you visit St. Francis Winery.
Sunday dinners just became a lot easier. Tempt your family and friend's food and wine palate with Roast Pork with Blackberry Demi-Glace and Goosecross Cellars Merlot. Pressed for time? Sign up for Goosecross Cellars and Napa Valley Grille's Epicurean Explorations featuring three course lunches with wine pairings on Sunday afternoons throughout the summer.