Enjoy this delicious Golden Beet and Berry Salad with our lovely KORBEL Blanc de Noir California Champagne. (Serves 8)
- 2 lbs golden beets
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- ½ cup fresh arugula
- ½ cup crumbled Pt Reyes Blue Cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup *white balsamic vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- Place the beets into a large stock pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until tender, approximately 2-25 minutes.
- Remove from pot and let cool.
- When cool, cut the beets into ¾ inch cubes.
- Toss in the berries, arugula and cheese.
- Add half the dressing and salt and pepper, and toss.
- Add more dressing if you like.
- Chill for one hour before serving
*White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- ½ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 T whole grain mustard
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chili flake
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
Whisk all ingredients together.
VISIT KORBEL CHAMPAGNE CELLARS
Planning a visit to Sonoma County? Spend the day at Korbel Champagne Cellars...taste our delightful California champagnes, tour our historic winery and gardens, and enjoy a delicious lunch at our gourmet Delicatessen. Complimentary tours and tastings daily.