Joe Salerno, Chef/Owner
Indulge in a slice of Italy when you taste old world Italian cuisine at Piccolinos Café located in downtown Napa. You will always find something unique at Piccolinos, where the highly creative chefs use the best local produce and fresh seafood to create delicious appetizers and entrees. Get cooking in the kitchen with this lamb appetizer recipe sure to delight everyone at your next dinner party!
- 1 lb leg of lamb
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of diced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of diced shallots
- 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs
- 1/2 ounce of dried currants
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup of diced carrots
- 1/3 cup of diced celery
- 1/3 cup of diced onions
- 1 cup of white wine
- 2 cups of beef stock
- Slice meat very thin. Place between oiled wax paper and pound with a mallet until slices are about 1/8" thick.
- Place meat on a flat surface. Rub with olive oil, diced garlic, shallots and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Sprinkle with currants.
- Season with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Roll and tie meat into little "logs".
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan, and brown meat rolls on all sides.
- Add to skillet a mirepoix of carrots, celery, onions.
- Add white wine and beef stock. Simmer till lamb rolls are tender.
1385 Napa Town Center (First and Franklin Streets)
Napa, California 94559
tel: (707) 251-0100
fax: (707) 224-1232